That’s it, put your worries behind you and have that well earned break. Yes it’s Summer and the holidays are here, whether it’s a staycation or you are travelling across continents, it is time to kick back, relax and do some of the things you have been promising yourself all year.
As the poster says, ‘Keep Calm’, and although the definition of Calm is the following: calm (kɑːm ) adjective
1. almost without motion; still;
2. (meteorolgy) of force 0 on the Beaufort scale; without wind;
3. not disturbed, agitated, or excited; under control;
4. tranquil; serene;
We cannot guarantee that you will experience ‘calm’ during your stay at Aberconwy House and in North Wales. Why, we hear you ask, you’re on holiday! Yes, but your days will be filled with:
2. (meteorolgy) the weather in Wales is spectacular, not always sunny, not always raining, not always windy, and sometimes all 3 in one day, but definitely a mixture that ensures the lush countryside is as green and wild as it is, plus if you are learning to wind surf then you need all the puff you can get!
3. Hopefully nothing at Aberconwy House will leave you disturbed or agitated, we do aim for ‘calm’ to some extent with everything under control, however, if you are zip wiring through the slate caverns, going caving with the underground team at Go Below, mountain biking on the Marin Trail, or just completing a round of mini-golf on the Great Orme, then you may find you do get a little ‘excited’.
4. Now there will be moments of ‘tranquil’ and ‘serene’ as you gaze at the view from the top of Tryfan, Snowdon or Moel Siabod. Or you look into the distance at Llyn Crafnant, Llyn Geirionydd, or Llyn Elsi across the still, sparkling waters there is a sense of serenity. But we can guarantee that you will feel moved by the sound of the male voice choirs, or enthralled by the history of Victorian slate mining at Llechwedd and surprised by the beauty of Bodnant Gardens.
So, pack up your troubles and leave them at home, your adventure begins when you step in to magical North Wales and use Betws-y-coed as your base for an action packed, weather busting, exciting and busy summer holiday – we look forward to trying to instil moments of calm for you during your stay at Aberconwy House.